One of the difficulties faced in the modern world around the holidays is finding out about all the latest and greatest technology items available. At one time this only concerned older children and adults, but now even babies and preschool children have tablet and electronic options. We are going to take a look at the top three tech gifts for three age groups.
Top Tech Toys for Preschool Children
For children age 3 to 7 years old, these are the hottest tech items for 2011.
- LeapFrog LeapPad – For young ones that are constantly trying to snatch a smartphone or iPad, having their own learning tablet can be a great idea. This new offering from LeapFrog is receiving great reviews and looks to be a hot new winner for 2011.
- Skip Hop Owl Hug and Hide Activity Toy – This new plush smart-toy comes with ten great ways to help a small child develop their mind and physical skills as well. Available for under $20 at most retailers, it’s a good gift when you’re on a 小怪獸震蛋 budget but still want a hot new tech toy.
- Let’s Rock Elmo – Rock Star Mickey – For little kids who like music, these are great toys that sing, dance and generally drive younger children crazy with excitement. Look for the new Elmo and Mickey models for 2011. We think they’re going to be popular so pick them up early if you can find them.
Best Tech Toys for Kids and Tweens
Here is a quick look at the top three technology items for young kids and tweens in 2011.
- FIJIT Friends – These are not a learning toy, but they are cute! Think of them as the modern Furby – but cooler in many ways because of advances in technology. These are a hit with boys and girls ages 7 to 12 or so, although older children and even some adults have been known to get a kick out of them.
- Nikon COOLPIX Waterproof Digital Camera – For tweens and younger children that are responsible, this is a great summer and winter camera that is waterproof. It is easy to use, takes great pictures and has good battery life too.
- SPY NET: Stealth Video Glasses – Recommended for children age 8 to 12 years old, these cool spy glasses look great but they also record up to 20 minutes of video or 2,000 still pictures! Available at a reasonable price, they are going to be on many lists this Christmas season.
Top Technology Toys for Teens and Adults
Last but not least, we have a look at three hot new tech gadgets for older children and adults.
- iPhone 4S – While you may get this with or without a cellphone contract, the iPhone 4S is sure to be on many lists this year. Steve Jobs may have passed away in 2011, but his spirit lives on in innovative new Apple products like the new iPhone 4S.
- Kindle Fire – The Kindle – with color and more capabilities, including a web browser and an app store (based on Google Android system instead of Apple.) Available for under $200, this is a hot new tech gadget that many teens and college age young adults are going to be clamoring for this holiday season. At the price, it’s a lot less expensive than the new iPad 2 which is also on sale this holiday season.
- Just Dance 3 – Madden NFL – COD: MW3 – While these are video games, they are all new tech toys that are going to be hot this year – for different crowds. From social gamers who like dancing games at parties to sports fans who love a good game of Madden to those who play Call of Duty online daily, there are a lot of great new video games that are hot for Christmas 2011.